Call with any questions or to schedule a FREE 30 minute consultation!
LASIK Eye Surgery:
LASIK, which stands for laser in-situ keratomileusis, is a popular surgery used to correct vision in people who are nearsighted, farsighted, or have astigmatism.
All laser vision correction surgeries work by reshaping the cornea, the clear front part of the eye, so that light traveling through it is properly focused onto the retina located in the back of the eye. LASIK is one of a number of different surgical techniques used to reshape the cornea.
What Are the Advantages of LASIK Eye Surgery?
LASIK has many benefits, including:
• It works! It corrects vision. Around 96% of patients will have their desired vision after LASIK. An enhancement can further increase this number.
• LASIK is associated with very little pain due to the numbing and anti-inflammatory drops that are used.
• Vision is corrected nearly immediately or by the day after LASIK.
• No bandages or stitches are required after LASIK.
• Adjustments can be made years after LASIK to further correct vision if vision changes while you age.
• After having LASIK, most patients have a dramatic reduction in eyeglass or contact lens dependence and many patients no longer need them at all.
What Should I Expect
After LASIK Eye Surgery?
Your eyes will temporarily be dry even though they do not feel that way. Your doctor will give you prescription eye drops to prevent infection and inflammation and eyedrops to keep your eyes moist. These drops may cause a momentary slight burn or blurring of your vision when you use them. Do not use any eye drops not approved by your eye doctor.
Healing after LASIK eye surgery usually occurs very rapidly. Vision may be blurry and hazy for the first day, but most patients notice improved vision within a few days of surgery.
Specific follow-up after the surgery varies from one surgeon to another. You will revisit the doctor for an evaluation 24 to 48 hours after LASIK eye surgery, as well as at regular intervals within the first six months.